Struggle — It waxes and wanes throughout your lifetime. Sometimes you barely notice the struggle; obstacles are small, and life feels calm and manageable. At other times, your struggle is all-consuming; obstacles are colossal, and life feels intense and distressing.
Every person has unique past experiences, thoughts, feelings, and circumstances that might trigger uncomfortable emotions. When fear, worry, sadness, or loneliness overwhelm you, it might feel like you’re suffocating, obsessed, or not good-enough.
You aren’t alone. Many people struggle with these feelings. Engaging in therapy helps you uncover and address the hidden links and emotional ties to your worry, fear, and pain.
Psychotherapy is a process where you:
- Can be open and honest
- Share uncomfortable experiences
- Express distressing thoughts
- Shine a light on how you relate to others
During therapy with me, you will:
- Learn to cope with strong emotions like fear, grief, anger, or betrayal
- Unblock obstacles that lead to anxiety, depression, and pain
- Develop an appreciation for yourself and your struggle
- Uncover what feels authentic to you
- Gain resilience
- Expand personal strength
Ultimately, change begins within and then extends outward. You have to be willing to take a look at yourself and your relationships. Inward exploration and outward sharing create a foundation for growth.
If you would like to explore how Individual Therapy can help you, contact me for a consultation. That phone call is your first step toward healing.