Anxiety treatment can help you heal from your struggle with social anxiety, GAD, separation anxiety, and more!
The purpose of psychotherapy is to reduce symptoms of anxiety so that you can live a more fulfilling life. Anxiety treatment focuses on gradually uncovering the root causes of your struggle.
As a psychotherapist in Torrance, CA who focuses on emotional resolution, I work hand-in-hand with patients, guiding them through a healing process. This involves exploring how thoughts about the self are linked to feelings, especially those that relate to anxiety. Ultimately, the goal of therapy is to shrink anxiety by dispelling false beliefs and growing the parts of oneself that are authentic and true. Treatment typically evolves through phases.
Phase 1 involves exploring the meaning you make out of your anxiety by uncovering what you tell yourself when you worry. We can accomplish this by:
- Exploring the origin of anxiety, when it began, and how it is evolving
- Recognizing the triggers for anxiety and uncovering patterns and beliefs that relate to anxious thoughts
- Gaining an understanding of how anxiety serves to keep you safe and away from danger
- Identifying and exploring various parts of the self that exists alongside anxiety
- Uncovering your strengths by recognizing how anxiety might overshadow your capabilities
- Building on your strengths
- Creating opportunities for self-compassion
Phase 2 involves a deeper working through of anxiety by continuing to build on the internal resources and stability you gain during the first phase of therapy. It involves:
- Continuing the process of building on your strengths
- Confronting manifestations of anxiety with compassion and empathy towards the self
- Working through life experiences that may link to anxiety
- Growing compassion for the entirety of self
Ultimately, we will work together to dispel false beliefs, reduce anxiety, and create the clarity and understanding of what you need to have a calmer life.